Sunday, April 16, 2023

Links I love

 And here's this week's edition!  If you have any suggestions, please send them my way.

  • Book Depository is closing at the end of the month but no fear! Here are some alternatives.
  • Academic v. pleasure reading and why the difference is important for kids.  It's important for adults too IMO.
  • If you're like me and like mysteries, this list provides some great future reading ideas.
  • An interesting blog on legal issues.  The most recent is on the federal abortion pill decisions.
  • Tennessee governor calls for more stringent background checks for firearms purchases, including red flag laws.
  • What the Marathon bombings taught people - this year, it's been ten years, which is surreal. Here, people talk about the everyday effects. I went to college at mile 13. 
  • Elizabeth Holmes is staying in jail.
  • Harry Potter is being adapted into a decades long tv show.
  • Four tips for saying goodbye to someone you love.
  • Upcoming dystopian fiction.
  • Behind the scenes of the former President's reading lists. I sure hope he reads them.
  • Best way to clean stained coffee mugs.
  • This year I've been doing the Southern Reading Challenge and I've visited Alabama (twice in a year which I didn't think I would do) and I'm very curious about the area because I never travelled there much as a child, really only learned about it through the Civil War and know fewer people from there.  This article stood out for me therefore.
  • Is Renfield the worst vampire movie ever?
  • Are these two related?
  • SpaceX launches another massive rocket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Links I love

I hope that everyone had a good week. The weather here  has been warm!  I've been alternating gym workouts with running outside.  the 25...