Sunday, April 23, 2023

Links I Love

 




Another week has gone by.  The kids are on break this week. There are big things going on in my life, one of which I don't necessarily feel comfortable sharing on this blog, but the other I do because it's a reading goal.  I've been listening to Italian podcasts for the last month or so in an effort to get better at listening comprehension. I grew up listening to grandparents speak to each other in a village dialect then took classes in high school. In college, I switched to Spanish for two years.  But now I'm back. Anyways, my goal is to read a book a month in Italian. I am starting with the Italian version of the first Harry Potter book, assisted by my trusty dictionary!  Wish me luck.

Here are some of the things I saw:

  • The Fox defamation trial has been postponed. And they eventually settled.
  • 5 best classic crime novels
  • One line summations of books
  • Chief Justice Roberts will be testifying about ethics.  I honestly am nerdily excited to see this.
  • I love Judy Blume and now she's getting her own documentary.
  • 8 True Crime podcasts to listen to.
  • For you Fourth Amendment nerds: Orin Kerr on What an Originalist Fourth Amendment would require?
  • The irony.
  • Stop looking for the perfect person per Jay Shetty
  • The Best five books about WWI
  • Adrift -- you HAVE to read/watch this. It's about people attempting to migrate. It's an important and beautifully done piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links I love

I hope that everyone had a good week. The weather here  has been warm!  I've been alternating gym workouts with running outside.  the 25...