Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Sunday Post


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Reviewer every Sunday. 

This week found me busy at my job and also doing child care stuff.  My daughter came home sick on Monday (thanks to Sara for helping out) and then on Tuesday, we were busy at home doing homework and after school stuff.  I've not been sleeping very well and sometimes just want some time where people aren't constantly asking for attention - whether it be asking to hang out or constantly texting or something to that effect.  Don 't get me wrong, I don't mind the checking in but sometimes I feel like it's constant and my boundaries aren't always respected, which makes it difficult. 

Yesterday, the kids and I had fun - we went to the Children's Museum in Boston. They seemed to like it even though there were parts that were pretty busy and crowded. Our local library got us discount tix so it was well worth it.  We took public transportation in and then walked the five minutes from the T stop to the museum.  I am going to look into doing something similar the next time that I have the kids - we've already done the Aquarium and Museum of Science

This past week, I only really reviewed two books: Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel and The Furies of Calederon, but this week will likely see a review of Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan and She Said by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey.  I'm also very excited that Netflix has the fourth season of Better Call Saul, which I'm eagerly watching. Bob Odenkirk is great in it.


4 comments:

  1. We love taking the grandchildren to the zoo and museums. The library is a such a great source for discounted tickets. I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Rich People Problems. I'm home with a kiddo a bit under the weather today. Trying to make it over with a bit of me time too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this is the BEST way to do it - it's self care to the max

      Delete

REVIEW: The Women by Kristin Hannah

  I admit, I'm partial to Kristin Hannah . I find her books entertaining (sometimes not so life changing), but definitely worth reading....