Monday, September 2, 2019

My TBR List for September 2019



I recently saw this post over at Never Enough Novels and thought I would join in.  I have a few books on my TBR pile this month - I'm usually very ambitious - likely that my eyes are bigger than the time that I have to actually read.  There are a few books that I really, really, really am looking forward to getting through this month:

1. The Girl Who Lived Twice - Millenium #6 - yes, this is the Lisbeth Salander series that carried on after the tragic death of the original author and yes, I've remained loyal even though it isn't quite the same.

2. The Black Ice - by Michael Connelly and featuring Harry Bosch.  The second book in the series. While I do have two series going on, it's actually quite hard to get Harry confused with Lisbeth. Ha!

3. The Testaments by Margaret Atwood.  I love Margaret Atwood - she's my all time favorite and The Handmaid's Tale is one of my favorite novels - so this could be either a really awesome sequel or a complete flop, a la Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee (the sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird). Atwood is so awesome though that I am confident she'll knock it out of the park.

I will likely read more than these, but these three gems are the ones that I want to get through.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so curious about The Testaments!! It's hard not to get my hopes up too high, but it's unavoidable haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I have tremendously high expectations and I'm so scared I'm going to get shattered. :) But hell, I love Atwood so I will try it! Honestly, the pre release hype may not be helping.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm so excited about The Testaments! Only one more week... or however long it takes me to get it from the library (fingers crossed it's soon — I've been on the waitlist since May). Good luck with your reading :)

    Thanks for joining our linkup!
    - Megan @ The Hungry Bookworm (and Literary Quicksand)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - I LOVE the linkup! Such a great idea. Once I get a better handle on the blogging, I want to do my own linkups! :) You too regarding reading! Great blog! <3

    ReplyDelete

REVIEW: The Women by Kristin Hannah

  I admit, I'm partial to Kristin Hannah . I find her books entertaining (sometimes not so life changing), but definitely worth reading....