Sunday, May 14, 2023

Links I love

 



Two weeks worth in one is always good!  Sorry for missing last week! I was sick the week before and wanted to make sure that I got what I could. 

Happy Mother's Day! 

  1.  Gordon Lightfoot passes away at 84.
  2. There's a new Gabriel Garcia Marquez book coming out.
  3. I love Tom Perrotta - he brought us Tracy Flick in Election - and now he's curated a book list!
  4. Half Price Books has a summer reading program.
  5. Star WArs Starbucks been there mugs!
  6. The Old Man fell 20 years ago.
  7. Fight censorship with these goods
  8. Illinois becomes the first state to ban book bans.
  9. Books about Walt Disney and WDW
  10. Carrie Fisher gets a Hollywood Star (finally).
  11. The 2023 winners of the Pulitzer prize.
  12. Five books about aliens - I've read The Sparrow which was amazing.
  13. For you 80's and 90's kids:  MTV news is shut down. BOOO.
  14. Ray Liotta's cause of death is announced.
  15. This is a very strange twist on things. 
  16. The 11 most endangered historic places in the US.
  17. 23 books made into movies and series over the next two years. I'm excited about the Hunger Games prequel and Black Cake as well as American Born Chinese. 
  18. THe reading habits of adults have changed - the most surprising for me was that they approximate that 21% of adults are illiterate!
  19. Controversy over Cleopatra's race.

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited for the upcoming movies/series list but I only recognized two of the titles. One was a DNF and one I haven't actually read! I'm getting old ;D

    ReplyDelete

REVIEW: The Women by Kristin Hannah

  I admit, I'm partial to Kristin Hannah . I find her books entertaining (sometimes not so life changing), but definitely worth reading....