I have had a very tough week. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer. We are still in the staging phase although the testing that I have had shows some positive signs. It is very slow growing and signs point to it being responsive to hormone suppression therapy. I learned on Friday that I'm a clinical stage 1, which is the best place that I can be with this diagnosis. Of course, it could change once pathology has the chance to do their thing after surgery. It has been quite a ride so far. I found the concerning part myself during a self exam. Please, please, please do your self-exams and encourage the women in your life to do theirs because it literally could have just saved my life.
I'm thinking of starting a blog about my journey. I'm also creating a cancer fighting playlist. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cancer has chosen the wrong girl!
- Literature program gets funding!
- 60 years later, Star Trek lives long and prospers.
- How literature has wrestled with 9/11.
- There is a new Carrie adaptation coming up.
- My mind has been on fighting lately so here are some books about global protest movements.
- Best non fiction books of the century so far.
- I'm looking forward to this.
- Pulitzer prize winning biographies and autobiographies.
- NPR has some suggestions for fall tv viewing.
- I didn't even know they were together.
- Oprah's book club turns 30,
- Some movies coming out this fall.
- The most anticipated crime and thriller releases coming out in the fall.
- Celine Dion is back in action.
- The Legend of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

No comments:
Post a Comment