Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year and some resolutions

 


I hope that everyone had a wonderful, safe and happy night last night. I somehow, beyond anyone's wild imagination, managed to stay up to watch the ball drop after which I immediately went to sleep (I'm usually struggling to stay awake past like 9).  I wanted to drop a quick post about whatI'd like to accomplish this year.  Self indulgent? Perhaps but it's good to have goals right? I always have a few separate categories of goals and this year it's no different - reading, excercise, money.

Reading Goals

1. Read 100 books. I failed at this one miserably last year (as you can tell from my Goodreads profile. That being said, please add me. I love connecting).  I am hoping that it will be easier this year because I'm doing two more formal reading challenges and one informal one.

2. Use my library More and buy less books. Helps save money. And my local library is pretty great.

3. I'm participating in two formal reading challenges. One is the Southern Reading Challenge - and the other is to read a book set in each State in the United States. The other is more informal and involves me reading a book a month with Matt. Our first one is by Anthony Bourdain.

4. I am hoping that my store at Pangbooks does well.  I sell my used books there. :)


Health/exercise Goals

5. I am looking to run a mile a day everyday this year, except when I'm sick.

6. In that vein, I'd like to attempt a race a month but we'll see about that.

7. Journalling a few times a week.  It helps with my mental health.

What are your goals this year?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Southern Lit challenge! It should overlap with your other formal reading challenge nicely. I set a goal to journal every day but I'm already failing miserably. Ah well. At least I'm trying. Good luck with all your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete

Links I love

I hope that everyone had a good week. The weather here  has been warm!  I've been alternating gym workouts with running outside.  the 25...