Sunday, August 28, 2016

In Memoriam

One of my most favorite bookish podcasts, Books on the Nightstand, has ended its tremendously successful run.  It has been around seemingly forever and was one of my staples in book recommendations. It will be sorely missed and leaves a space in my podcast listening zone that I'm striving to fill.  While I understand that the podcast em-cees, Michael and Anne, have their own lives that they probably want to continue with (and podcasting takes a lot of time, particularly when you're as popular as they are and, for example, as popular as the Manic Mommies are/were), they will be sorely missed.  However you can find them on both Goodreads and on Twitter.

In anticipation of their ultimate decision to end the podcast, I found a number of other really awesome podcasts to fill the void, some of which are bookish and some of which aren't.  For your listening pleasure:


  • BookRiot - more of a news in the publishing industry podcast but still pretty awesome;
  • All the Books - a weekly podcast about new book releases
  • Boy Vs. Girl - a short weekly podcast that looks at gendered things. Love this one!
  • This American Life
  • Dear Sugar - a weekly advice podcast hosted by Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond
  • Book Lust by Nancy Pearl
Please feel free to leave your recs here as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links I love

  It was my birthday last weekend, so it was pretty low key for me, thankfully.  Here are some links! Enjoy. International  Booker prize lon...