Sunday, December 8, 2019

Symphony NH Americana Christmas

Last night, I had the absolute privilege of going to see the New Hampshire Symphony play their holiday concert nearby.  I have seen the Boston Pops do their holiday show, but I'm embarassed to say that I have never seen the New Hampshire before last night.  I was so impressed by the concert but I was perhaps most impressed by their co-act: An Act of Congress. I do like Americana music, so I probably was already pre-disposed to liking them but I was completely blown away by how GOOD it all sounded together.  There were a number of traditionally played symphonic tunes  but then collaborations that moved me.

I found myself driving home feeling so revived and feeling like I had had a really cathartic moment.  I felt that I had energy where I had been feeling the lethargy and stress of a particularly dark time of year.  It's not going to start getting lighter again until December 21 after all.  This gave me hope.  

They have many, many good takes on traditional holiday songs but they also have many original tunes as well.  They played one or two of their original pieces and closed the show with a quiet and unplugged version of a song and I literally was just moved beyond belief.  Please go give them a listen.  Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links I love

  It's officially allergy season and I'm dying.  :( Time for the antihistamines! 17 restaurants in Cape Cod that you must visit.  S...